Monday, October 24, 2005

Cops Enforcing Laws Is a Bad Idea???


Okay, folks, forgive me if I seem incredulous, but is the ACLU really saying it's bad for cops to enforce laws? Hang on a sec... let me go get my screen cleaner so I can make sure I'm seeing this right. Well, holy ('scuse me, ACLU) crap... it's true!

I'm not kidding about this - in fact, I wish I were. The Ohio ACLU Litigation Coordinator is saying just that about Butler County's plans to crack-down on illegal immigrants in their jurisdiction:

HAMILTON - Butler County officials said Friday they expect their plans to crack down on illegal aliens will generate a lot of controversy - particularly with civil rights activists and possibly ethnic groups or unions.

They were right.

By Friday afternoon the Ohio Civil Liberties Union was already on alert to closely watch and review Butler County's plans. "I have not seen the proposals or anything in writing yet on Butler County's plans, but from the little that I've heard I can say at the outset that, in general, any plan that calls for local law enforcement agencies to enforce federal immigration violations is a bad idea," said Ohio ACLU Litigation Coordinator Gary Daniels, of Cleveland.

At the outset, Daniels said local officials can't guarantee they aren't creating a situation that will invite or encourage racial profiling.

"You can write into new legislation or policies as many protections as you think are necessary for preventing racial profiling, but just because it's prohibited on paper doesn't mean profiling won't happen in reality," Daniels said. "Not all immigrants are people with brown skin.

"Therefore, the only way local officials can accomplish this type of policing fairly is if they required officers to ask citizenship questions of every single person they encounter," Daniels said. "More likely than not, these types of questions will fall disproportionately on immigrants with darker skin color."

Additionally, Daniels said implementing a state law that empowers local police and sheriff's officials to detain people for immigration violations could cause irreparable damage to already delicate relationships between law enforcement and immigrant communities.

"For very good reason, police agencies throughout the country have worked very hard to make positive in-roads into their local immigrant communities," Daniels said. "This proposal could create a culture of mistrust and fear that would impede police investigations which rely on obtaining information from those communities."


First of all, why is targeting "brown people" racial profiling? Last time I checked, I haven't seen any news clips or stories of hordes of blond-hair, blue-eyed people crossing the border en masse to achieve the wonders that America has to promise (not to mention the money to send back home to support your country of origin's government). It makes absolutely no sense to NOT look at "dark-skinned brown people" when looking for illegal Mexican immigrants! To do otherwise would be a tremendous waste of law enforcement's precious resources.

Okay, I'm going to do something I didn't really want to ever do here, but I'm going to break this out for you. When you take the oath as a police officer, you hold up your hand, swear to uphold not only the local laws, but also the laws of the state & the Federal governments. Illegality does not stop at city borders. Federal and state officers depend on municipal cops to help them do their job, and it's imperative that we work together to this end. I know this to be true, because I took that very oath.

People, why do we allow this organization to exist? I believe it has waged its own personal jihad against the very things that are woven into the fabric of America - God, Country, Individualism, Prosperity, Personal Responsibility; all tempered with Justice. If the ACLU, a tyrannical regime, continues to have its way imposing their love for international law upon the United States of America, then we, my friends, should be fearing fear itself.

If the Founding Fathers of this great Nation had any inkling that this organization would ever come to pass, I could easily believe that one last item would have been included in the Constitution to criminalize its very existence. The ACLU is truthfully the antithesis to what I believe to be true "civil rights."
Linked at PoliticalTeen
and StopTheACLU's "Carnival of True Liberties"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home