Thursday, October 13, 2005

From the Files of "I Thought I'd Heard it All"

Can this idiot show any more lunacy than we've already seen? Come on, already! Jesu...... oh, never mind. She must have already heard Him speak... :::::SIGH::::::

PoliticalTeen has the post, and the original source.

On Ash Wednesday of 2004, a few days before Casey left for Iraq, his dad and I went to see The Passion of the Christ. That was our Ash Wednesday penance that year. Casey's dad fell asleep during the scourging scene while I sat in my seat and quietly sobbed.

I was especially touched by the character that played Jesus' mom who followed her son along while he was being violently tortured and killed by devious men with an evil agenda. Of course, since I became a mom over 26 years ago, I have identified with Mary as she sobbed at the foot of her sons cross and cradled his lifeless body in her arms.

I am recounting all of this, because since Casey was killed in Iraq by devious men with evil agendas, I find it extremely difficult to go to the movies.

Yesterday, I went to the same movie theater in Vacaville, Ca. that Casey and I loved to attend. My sister and I saw the movie Serenity. It was a good science fiction flick which was entertaining and had many parallels with what is going on in our world today.

Speaking of science fiction, will somebody please tell Louie Freak-a-khan to take her back to the Motherwheel already? The ship is leaving and she needs to head back home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home